We added two high protein bars to our range last year, and they have been so popular that 6 months on we are adding a third bar to the range! And what is tastier than the deliciously gooey taste of a Chocolate Brownie?! Soft and delicious, and crammed full with 6 nutritious real food ingredients, our Cocoa Brownie paleo snack bar really is the perfect healthy sweet treat. And the good news that will really put the cherry on top? We are currently offering an exclusive preorder discount of $10 off when you order a box before the 5th March! Simply use the code ‘cocoalaunch’ at the checkout to receive your $10 off this delicious protein snack.
Each bar contains 10g of protein (19% content) which comes from ground hemp seeds and almonds. Hemp protein is fast becoming known as a nutritious powerhouse and one of the best complete plant protein sources, and there are many reasons as to why we make it the primary protein source in our protein bars. Here are just a few to get you started:
- They are one of the richest plant-based sources of essential fatty acids (omega 3s & 6s) – these fatty acids work within your body to help promote good heart and brain health
- Contains vitamin E (an antioxidant that fights off damage in the body caused by evil external toxins)
- Good for the planet – hemp is one of the most sustainable crops available
- Contains all the essential amino acids, including the 9 that our body cannot make itself and therefore must source from food
- Hemp protein is better than both soy and whey protein. Evidence suggests that soy can interrupt normal hormone levels in both men and women; whereas whey protein (although contains vitamins and minerals) uses cow’s milk proteins and therefore is not suitable for those with dairy intolerances (it makes hemp protein vegan-friendly too as there is no dairy!)
It is also combines perfectly with our ingredients to make the most INCREDIBLY tasty high protein bars – don’t just take our word for it! Either try our new Cocoa Brownie flavour, or our existing Cocoa Orange or Mixed Berries flavours.
*If your interest has been piqued by hemp protein, and you want to know more of the basic (but still vitally important) information on why protein is so important to include in your diet, have a read of our previous blog post here.